At the Doctor
When traveling to China or visiting a Chinese-speaking doctor, having knowledge of Mandarin can significantly enhance your healthcare experience. Doctors in China often use specialized medical vocabulary that may not always be directly translatable, making it easier for patients who speak Mandarin to understand their diagnosis and treatment plan.
Additionally, understanding basic Mandarin phrases can help you communicate more effectively with healthcare providers during appointments or at the pharmacy. This linguistic advantage allows for smoother interactions and ensures that your medical needs are accurately understood and addressed, particularly in situations where precise communication is crucial.
How are you feeling today?
你今天感觉怎么样?
I feel better now.
我现在感觉好多了。
Can I have another cup of water, please?
请再给我一杯水?
My throat hurts a lot.
我的喉咙很疼。
When will my appointment be finished?
我的预约什么时候结束?
Do I need to come back again tomorrow?
我明天需要再来吗?
This medicine tastes awful.
这药 taste 很难吃。
The doctor prescribed me some pills.
医生给我开了些药片。
How long should I take these tablets?
这些药片我应该吃多久?
Does this treatment hurt?
这种治疗会疼吗?
Can you explain that in simpler terms?
你能用更简单的话解释一下吗?
I have a headache and feel cold.
我头疼并且感到冷。
Could you give me more information about my condition?
您能给我更多关于我病情的信息吗?
Is there anything else I need to do today?
今天还需要做其他事情吗?
Can you recommend some over-the-counter medication?
您可以推荐一些非处方药吗?
When can I expect to see improvement?
我什么时候能看到改善?
What are the possible side effects of this medicine?
这种药可能有哪些副作用?
I prefer a female/male doctor.
我 Prefer 女性/男性 医生。
Could you please write that down for me?
你能帮我写下来吗?
Do you have any other advice for me?
您还有其他建议吗?